Implementation Services for Optimizing Your WMS
Trouble with your UNIX server? Not sure how to get the most out of your database? LogFire can help. Our application management experts consult on the following infrastructure issues:
- Database installation: We install Oracle/SQL Server and other databases. Our services include load balancing and implementation of failover products such as F5 and Cisco LocalDirector.
- Performance tuning: We analyze software requirements and data availability to ensure efficient response times. Our services include configuring software to support the number of users who are accessing the systems concurrently, monitoring memory and CPU consumption, analyzing hardware requirements, and planning for future growth.
- Monitoring services: We monitor CPU and memory utilization of WMS processes and provide mapping of overall CPU/memory consumption over time and based on the number of users. We use this information to validate current hardware procurement needs and plan future purchases based on expected high-season volumes and future growth.
- Maintenance services: We maintain file systems to ensure disk-space availability. Our services also include backup of essential file systems for future reference and purging and archiving of database information to ensure information is available for report generation.
- Interfaces: Most WMS implementations require interfaces to be developed between the WMS application and your ERP system — which maintains financial data, inventory definitions, availability, forecasting and ordering information. We provide the expertise needed to map the data required by your WMS solution. We can also develop the interfaces to your ERP system.
- Architecture design: We size your hardware and design infrastructure for high-availability implementations. This service includes options for developing load balancing and failover strategies as well.